Crafts

I love finding crafts...this is my blog to share with you...I will always give the link and source to the crafts...I hope you find some you will like...Let me know if you try them....

Monday, June 3, 2013

Uncle Bo's Sauerbraten

My great Uncle Bo turned 90 years old...
this is the photo my Mom gave him for his birthday...
 
Here is his recipe for Sauerbraten:
 
1 - 3 lb shoulder arm roast with some fat
Butter milk
Bay leaves
Peppercorns
 
 
Cover the roast with buttermilk.  Refrigerate for 24 hours
with bay leaves and peppercorns.
Remove from buttermilk
Sear until brown on both sides (crusty)
Cook in heavy Dutch oven
Cook on low to medium for 3 hours depending on size
half way through cover with buttermilk
Thicken juice with flour to make gravy...
 
Definitely not a low cal meal....

No comments:

Post a Comment